- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup beef broth can use water or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups V-8 juice can use tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium onion cut in pieces
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and cut up
- 3 to 4 carrots scraped and cut into pieces
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Coat the stew meat with the flour and brown in the butter. Whisk together the broth, V-8 juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, minced garlic and black pepper in a bowl.
- Pour over the stew meat. Add the potatoes, carrots and onion to the skillet along with the bay leaves.
- Cover and bring to a boil, turn down to simmer for 45 minutes to an hour or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe could be made in the crock pot by browning the meat in a skillet and then add it along with all the other ingredients to the crock pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for about 4 hours. You could also add celery, peas or green beans to the recipe.