- 1 pound (454 g) ground Chicken
- 2 cups (180 g) chopped Broccoli floret (chopped small so that they don’t puncture rolls)
- 3 (3 ) cloves Garlic , minced
- 1/2 medium Onion , minced
- 6 ounces (170 g) grated Cheese , or add how ever much you like
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Kosher Salt or sea salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked Black Pepper , to taste
- 1 Package Egg Roll Wrappers (or sometimes called “spring roll” wrappers in the freezer section of market)
- 1 Egg , beaten or @ 2 Tablespoons Water
- Oil for frying
- Hoisin Peanut Dip , recipe & video here or watch video in the post above
Make the filling:
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients (chicken, broccoli, garlic, onion, cheese, soy sauce, salt, and black pepper). Mix together well so that all ingredients are well combined.
For the Rolling & Frying:
- Using egg roll wrappers or spring roll wrappers, add about 2 Tablespoons of chicken filling to each wrapper. Tuck and roll the wrapper around the filling (watch the video in the post above to see how to roll even and tight rolls). Brush the top corner of the wrapper with water or beaten egg to help seal the wrapper end, and then finish rolling the egg roll. Repeat for all the egg rolls.
- Fill large frying pan with about 1/2-inch of vegetable and heat oil to about 350°F.
- Slowly add egg rolls to frying pan, without crowding the egg rolls in the pan because they will stick together if placed too close.Fry each side of egg roll for about 3 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Remove and blot on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve warm with hoisin-peanut dip. You can also wrap these chicken vegetable egg rolls in lettuce and them eat them as lettuce egg roll wraps!
Course: Appetizer, Main Course, Side Dish
Cuisine: American, Asian, Fried Foods
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 873mg | Potassium: 561mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 28.2mg | Calcium: 342mg | Iron: 1.4mgNo tags for this post.