BBQ Chicken Stuffed Bread – Crusty artisan bread filled with cheesy bbq chicken filling. A fun twist to traditional BBQ chicken pizza–perfect for game day appetizers or an easy dinner idea.
- ▢3 cups cooked chicken , shredded (I use rotisserie chicken)
- ▢1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese , divided
- ▢1/4 red onion , chopped
- ▢1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- ▢3/4 cupnbarbecue sauce , divided
- ▢1 baguette crusty bread
- To a large mixing bowl, add chicken, 1 ¼ cups mozzarella cheese, onion, cilantro, and ½ cup of barbecue sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Add a tiny bit more barbecue sauce if the mixture seems too dry.
- Cut the top edge of the bread loaf off and hollow out 1 ½ inches deep to create a well for the filling.
- Spoon the BBQ chicken mixture into the loaf.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce.
- Place on a baking tray and bake at 325 F degrees for about 20 minutes or until warmed through.