Back to Top
- 1 pound mostaccioli or penne pasta
- 1 pound Italian sausage lean ground beef can be substituted
- 32 ounces pasta sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- parsley chopped
- Brown meat and drain any fat. Prepare pasta as package directs.
- In a large bowl combine pasta, sausage, pasta sauce and 2 cups cheese. Mix well.
- Spread into greased 13×9 inch baking dish; cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes at 350°F or until hot and bubbly.
- Uncover and top with remaining cheese and parsley. Bake 5 – 10 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
- Ground beef, shredded chicken or small pieces of chicken can be substituted for the sausage
- 4 cups of pasta sauce is 32 ounces
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 – 5 days
- One pound of pasta and meat baked in a casserole should make 12 to 15 servings