Back to Top
- 10 slices chopped bacon 1 tablespoon reserved
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 sliced green onions 1 teaspoon reserved
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup corn frozen, fresh, or canned
- 1/2 cup cheese of your choice I like to do a quarter cup of 2 kinds. I did a Mexican blend and cotija in this one.
- 1 can roasted green chiles 4 oz
- warmed maple syrup
- Cook the bacon until done and slightly crisp. Chop bacon and set aside. Reserve one tablespoon for garnish.
- Combine flour, chives, green onion, baking powder in a medium bowl. Add milk, eggs, and oil until slightly moistened. Stir in bacon, corn, cheese, and green chiles. This will be pretty thick. If you’d like them a little thinner add milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Grease griddle or fying pan. Pour a heaping quarter cup and cook until browned on both sides. About 3 minutes per side. Repeat until batter is gone.
- Serve stacks of griddle cakes with maple syrup.