This Avocado Chicken Salad recipe is a keeper! Easy, excellent salad with a light and flavorful lemon dressing, plenty of avocados, irresistible bites of bacon, and sweet corn. And It’s creamy but light with the avocado and so satisfying. You can serve it as a salad, you can make sandwiches, put it in pitas, serve it in lettuce wraps and it also is really good the next day so it’s perfect for work or school lunch. .Yeah this salad is awesome
We start with the star ingredient, chicken. I’m using rotisserie chicken which makes this salad so easy. You can cook the chicken breast yourself or use the well-drained canned chicken and a pinch.
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast, shredded
- OR 1 lb. grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 3-4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 hearts of romaine, rinsed and separated
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp organic cider vinegar
- sea salt & freshly cracked pepper, to your taste
- Fresh lemon wedges for serving.
1 ) Arrange all the salad ingredients on a large platter. Add a sprinkle of sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.2 ) Drizzle with olive oil and apple cider vinegar, and Enjoy!I also have also some step by step instructions, if you want to check them out, go to the next page!
1) Dice or shred 2 large chicken breasts and place them into a large mixing bowl, then add two large ripe avocados. Peel and pit each avocado and slice them into bite-size pieces then add them to the mixing bowl.
2) Add 1 cup of cooked corn and (freshly cooked corn is the best. It adds a really nice sweet pop of flavor to the salad).
3) Add 1/4 cup of chopped green onion or chives which makes this salad so fresh and fragrant. I cooked 6 ounces of bacon until browned and crispy coarsely chop that up and add it to the salad bowl.
4) Finally, add two Tbsp of fresh dill and now let’s make that easy lemon dressing. squeeze three Tbsp of juice from one large lemon, combine that with three Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil one tsp of salt and 1/8 of a tsp of black pepper. Stir that together until combined and that’s all there is to it.
This is one of my favorite dressings. It smells so good! Drizzle it over your salad and toss everything to combine. And I also like to serve the salad with eggs hard-boiled eggs because it makes it just so satisfying. These are optional but nice.
This salad is so delicious! The lemon really shines in that dressing and it makes it so fresh and bright. I love those little salty bites of bacon in there and then so much avocado with healthy alternative to the creamy chicken salad you see normally but definitely not lacking in flavor.