Back to Top
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 16 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp almond extract
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Beat cream and butter in a mixer with a bowl.
- Mix in powdered sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt.
- Slowly mix in flour just until fully incorporated.
- Divide dough into two balls. Flatten slightly. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.Mix egg white and water together.
- Place 1 ball of dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll dough to about ⅛ inch thick. Trim all ends to create a nice big square. I like to use a pizza cutter for cutting the dough.
- Cut dough into 2-inch by 2-inch squares. TIP: It works best to cut a 2 inch strip then cut the strip into 2 inch squares.TIP: Dough can be rolled out slightly thinner once cut if the cookies open while baking.
- Place ½ tsp raspberry jam diagonally down the center of each square.
- Fold (non fruit jam) corners of dough together over the jam in the center.
- Touch overlapping dough with a sprinkle of egg wash and pinch together.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Once cool, dust with powdered sugar.