- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chili oil with chili flakes Lao Gan Ma (If you have regular chili oil, add 1 1/2 tbsp chili flakes)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lb peeled and deveined 31/40 shrimp
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine , rice wine or white wine (if you don’t want to consume alcohol in your cooking, use water)
- 3 green onion, chopped
- 1 red or green chili, sliced (optional)
- handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- fried shallot or french onion for garnish
- lemon or lime wedge
- Mix oyster sauce, honey, chili oil with chili flakes and black pepper in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat, add butter and let it melt and bubble. Add garlic and sauce the garlic until the edges are light golden about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and combine with garlic quickly. Pour wine and deglaze the skillet. Pour the sauce mixture and mix everything well and turn off the heat. The cooking time for shrimp should not more than 2 minutes.
- Toss in chopped green onion, chili and cilantro. garnish with fried shallot and serve with lemon or lime wedges. Enjoy!