Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves, warmed
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, orange juice and almond extract. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in 3 cups coconut. Refrigerate until easy to handle, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape rounded tablespoons of dough into balls; roll in remaining coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets Press a deep indentation in the center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Bake until edges are light brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool 1 minute. Using the wooden spoon, enlarge any indentations that may have narrowed or closed. Remove cookies from pans to wire racks. Fill with preserves; cool completely.
2 each: 220 calories, 11g fat (8g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.