Back to Top
- 8 Tbsp. Butter unsalted
- 4 C. Granulated sugar
- 1 Can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 C. Pecan halves
- Add the butter, evaporated milk, and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat on the stove.
- Whisk until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Continue to cook the mixture over medium heat until it begins a low boil. Whisk often, and keep boiling until the mixture reaches a temperature of 235. This will take some time. Do not raise the temperature higher than medium on the stove.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let cool.
- Whisk every so often while cooling, and wait until the mixture thickens a bit and loses the glossy-like appearance.
- Stir in the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the pecans to the mixture, and stir to combine.
- Drop the mixture by the tablespoonful onto sheets of parchment paper.
- Allow to sit until hardened, or chill more quickly in the fridge.