• 8 cups peeled and cubed potatoes, about 9 medium potatoes or about 3 pounds
• 4 – 6 large eggs
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
• 2 tablespoons white vinegar
• 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
• 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
• 1 teaspoon celery seed, optional
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• Additional salt and pepper to taste
Place the potatoes in a large pot, and cover them with cold water. Put on stove burner and set to high. When the potatoes start to boil, reduce the heat to medium-high. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are very tender, about 25 min. While the potatoes are boiling, boil your eggs. I boil my eggs for 12 min. When the eggs are finished, place them in an ice-water bath.
When the potatoes are very tender, drain the potatoes. (They should be soft enough that some fall apart when you stir in the dressing.) Place the potatoes back in a large bowl and let them release their steam.
While potatoes are steaming, mix together the dressing. In a bowl, add the mayo, pickle relish, vinegar, yellow mustard, green onion, dill weed, celery seeds, salt, black pepper, and sugar. Mix well.
Mix the dressing into the potatoes while they are still hot. Peel and lightly chop your boiled eggs. Add to the potato mixture, and stir. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste, and add up to 1/2 cup more mayo if needed to reach the desired consistency. Serve to potato salad warm right away or let it chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.No tags for this post.