An easy seafood dinner for the grill, with a nice blend of apricot, cheese and shrimp.
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
• 6 tablespoons apricot preserves
• 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
• 6 ounces Havarti cheese, thinly sliced
• 1/2 pound cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp, chopped
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Combine oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook mushrooms in hot oil combination for about 8 minutes, until very soft.
Preheat grill to medium. While mushrooms are cooking, top half of each tortilla with 1 tablespoon preserves, cheese, and shrimp. Add mushrooms when they’re finished, then fold tortillas in half and coat with remaining melted butter.
Place quesadillas on grill and cook for about 4 minutes, flipping midway through cooking, until cheese melts. Serve in wedges.No tags for this post.