Back to Top
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 2 large zucchini — about 6 cups, cut into small pieces
- 1 large onion — chopped
- 3 cloves garlic — minced
- 3 cups bone broth — chicken or veggie stock
- 1/2 tsp salt — more or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme — optional
- 1 cup sour cream or heavy whipping cream
- Olive oil — sour cream, parsley for garnishing
- Heat oil (butter) in a pot.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the onion and garlic have started to soften add the zucchini and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, pepper, thyme and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender blend the soup until smooth.
- Add in the sour cream and stir to incorporate. Add more salt if necessary and serve.
- Keep in an air tight container in the fridge for up tp 3 days.