Back to Top
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons McCormick(R) Mustard, Ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick(R) Black Pepper, Coarse Grind
- 1 teaspoon McCormick(R) Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 6 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick(R) Paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package for al dente pasta. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
- Melt butter in same saucepan on medium heat. Sprinkle with flour and seasonings. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until well blended. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Stirring constantly, cook 3 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Add macaroni; toss gently to coat. Pour into greased 13×9-inch baking dish. Mix panko and paprika; sprinkle evenly over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.