Back to Top
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper divided
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- 8 green onions sliced, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). And line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rub the potatoes with the olive oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and a pinch of the pepper.
- Place the oiled and seasoned potatoes on the lined baking sheet and bake until fork-tender, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your bacon by placing it in a large, deep skillet until evenly browned and crispy. Or place bacon in single strips on a foil lined baking sheet with an oven safe rack the same size as the sheet on top, and bake on the middle rack of an oven preheated to 400 degrees F. for 18-22 minutes.
- Drain fat off bacon, crumble and set aside.
- When potatoes are done cooking, allow them to cool for 10 minutes so they are easier to handle. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins.
- Add sour cream, milk, butter, granulated garlic, onion powder, remaining salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions to the scooped out potato. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato skins to refill them, filling them slightly taller than the edges, evenly distributing all the filling between the skins. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.