- 1/2 cup butter, cold
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- lemon juice to make soft glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 pan with foil, lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cut together butter, flour and powdered sugar until mixture resembles coarse meal and press into an even layer into prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix together sugar, flour and baking powder. Add in eggs, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Pour over hot, baked crust and bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown and mixture is set.
- Mix together powdered sugar and enough lemon juice to make a glaze soft enough to drizzle over lemon bars while they are still warm. Glaze, let cool then cut into squares.
#Baking #Baking powder #Cooking spray #Flour #Juice #Lemon #Lemon bar #Mixture #Oven #Powder #Powdered sugar