- ▢2 pounds lean ground beef
- ▢1 onion diced
- ▢1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- ▢4 cloves garlic minced
- ▢2 ½ tablespoons chili powder divided (or to taste)
- ▢1 teaspoon cumin
- ▢1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- ▢14 ½ ounces crushed tomatoes canned
- ▢19 ounces kidney beans canned, drained & rinsed
- ▢14 ½ ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- ▢1 ½ cups beef broth
- ▢1 cup beer
- ▢1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ▢1 tablespoon brown sugar optional
- ▢salt and pepper to taste
- Combine ground beef and 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder.
- In a large pot, brown ground beef, onion, jalapeno, and garlic. Drain any fat.
- Add in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 45-60 minutes or until chili has reached desired thickness.
- Top with cheddar cheese, green onions, cilantro or other favorite toppings.
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
Beer can be replaced with extra broth.
Any ground meat will work in this recipe.
Optional toppings: sour cream, red or green onion, cheese, jalapenos, cilantro, avocado & lime wedges, tortilla chips