- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can low sodium beef broth
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
In a large skillet cook the ground beef, breaking apart. Once it is mostly cooked add in the onions and bell peppers and cook for 5-10 minutes until they start to soften.
Add the garlic to the beef mixture and cook for a minute or two, just until you can start to smell it.
Sit in the rest of the ingredients, except the cheese, and bring the mixture to a boil.
Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring half way through.
Once the rice is tender, stir in about 1/2 of the cheese until it is melted and incorporated with the beef and rice.
Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top, put the lid back on the pan and let the cheese melt. If you are in a hurry, you could put your pan under the broiler (if it is oven safe) to melt it faster.
Remove from the heat and serve immediately.