1⁄4 cup sugar
2 cups milk
3 2⁄3 cups flour
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
vegetable oil, for frying
– Beat eggs and sugar together and then add the milk slowly–beat. Add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.
– Pour batter into a funnel and at the same time, use your finger to plug the hole. In a large cast iron pot, add 2 inches of oil to the bottom.
– When the oil becomes hot, move your hand over the pot and slowly release your finger so the batter can start cooking.
– Move the funnel around to make designs.
– Brown on both sides–then immediately remove and drain extremely well.
– Top with brown sugar, or honey, or cinnamon sugar, or powdered sugar as a topping.
BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT GET BURNED!
ENJOY YOUR CAKE!