yield: 16 BROWNIEScook time: 3 HOURS 50 MINUTEStotal time: 3 HOURS 50 MINUTES
This Snickers Cheesecake Brownie Recipe is rich, decadent, and irresistible. Every taste of these sinfully delicious cheesecake swirl brownies is incredible.No RatingsPrint
For the Brownies:
- 2/3 cup (3 1/2 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (7 ounces) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 10 fun size snickers candy bars, chopped and divided
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (1 3/4 ounces) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 325F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 8×8 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. Place another piece of parchment paper in the same manner, perpendicular to the first sheet. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl set over simmering water, stir together chocolate and butter until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the sugar and vanilla until combined. Add 3 eggs and whisk until combined.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a spatula, fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until just combined. (a bit of the flour mixture should still be visible).
- Transfer half of the batter to prepared pan; using spatula, spread batter into corners of pan and smooth surface. Sprinkle with half of the chopped Snickers.
- For the Cream Cheese Layer: In a small bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and egg yolk until of even consistency.
- Distribute the cream cheese mixture in 8 dollops over batter in the pan. Repeat with remaining batter and cream cheese mixture. Use a knife or spoon handle to gently swirl the batter and cream cheese filling.
- In the last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle with the remaining chopped Snickers. Bake until toothpick inserted into center of brownies comes out with few moist crumbs attached, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes then remove brownies from pan by lifting parchment overhang. Place brownies on wire rack; allow them to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours.
Source: adapted from Cook’s Illustrated, January 1999