This easy recipe is made with just 5 simple ingredients: french bread, ground beef, sloppy joe sauce, cheese and diced onions. Bake in the oven, slice, and watch it disappear!
Great as a snack, appetizer or even meal! These irresistable slices are made with just 5 simple ingredients. It’s a real crowd pleaser especially for a football party or family gathering.Servings: 8
- 1 loaf of french bread
- 1/2 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can sloppy joe sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread loaf in half (lengthwise) and place it on a lined baking sheet.
- In a large saute pan, cook the diced onions with a little butter or oil until soft (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the ground beef and crumble until no longer pink.
- Drain or use a paper towel to remove any excess grease, and then stir in the sloppy joe sauce.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the bread halves, and then top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and edges of the bread are toasty.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes; slice and serve.