If you’re looking for chicken dinner recipes for your family, these oven baked chicken fajitas are so quick and easy to make with just a few ingredients. Serve the chicken and bell pepper mixture over a bed of lettuce and dressing to make them healthy and low carb, or traditionally in warm tortillas. This chicken recipe is so simple to make and even my kids love it. It’s perfect for busy weeknight meals!Course: Main CourseCuisine: MexicanKeyword: chicken, easy dinner, fajitas, family meal, healthy, oven bakedServings: 4Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 2 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 yellow or red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet fajita seasoning mix
- 1 lime
- optional fajita toppings (shredded cheese, avocado, cilantro, sour cream, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a large baking sheet.
- Cut the bell peppers and the onion into long 1/4 inch slices and place them into a large bowl. Toss them with the chicken, olive oil and packet of fajita seasoning mix until well combined. (I also prefer to slice some of the chicken tenders into smaller pieces if they are too large)
- Spread the mixture out onto your prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, and then turn the broiler on for about 2 minutes allowing the veggies to brown a little.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, wrap the tortillas in foil and place them in the oven to warm through.
- Squeeze the lime juice all over the hot fajita mixture, and serve in your warm tortillas with any additional toppings that you’d like. We love shredded cheese, sour cream and avocado!
- You can also use sliced chicken breasts or skinless and boneless thighs for this recipe. You just want to make sure the chicken is cut into thick strips so that it cooks evenly along with the bell peppers and onions.
- Feel free to additionally spice this up with garlic powder or smoked paprika. Season to your liking!