Back to Top
- 3 pounds (1.5 kg) baby red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 6 large cloves of garlic finely chopped or minced
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200°C). Grease a large baking sheet with non-stick spray or olive oil and set aside.
- Parboil baby red potatoes in boiling water for 5 to 8 minutes to precook them. They’ll be more tender on the inside when roasting.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup of olive oil, garlic, salt, herbs, pepper, and parmesan cheese together, mixing to combine. Add a little more olive oil if the parmesan cheese has absorbed most of it.
- Toss parboiled potatoes through the garlic parmesan mixture to evenly coat.
- Arrange the coated potatoes cut side down in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place the baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes with tongs or a spatula, until potatoes are browned and crisped at the edges.
- In the meantime, gently melt butter in the microwave and combine with fresh chopped parsley. Remove potatoes for the oven, and drizzle with the butter parsley sauce.