- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, plus more as needed
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound dry cavatappi or other short pasta, such as fusilli or gemelli
- 1 pound fresh bocconcini or ciliegine mozzarella cheese , halved or quartered if large
- 1 (8.5-ounce) jar oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 (2.5-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 cups lightly packed baby arugula
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, place the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add the pasta to the water and cook until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and run briefly under cool water to cool the pasta down. Drain well again.
- Add the pasta, mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, and olives to the bowl of dressing. Toss thoroughly to combine. Let sit 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow the flavors to meld. Fold in the arugula. Taste and season with more salt, pepper, or vinegar as needed.
Make ahead: The pasta salad can be made a day ahead without the arugula and refrigerated overnight. Stir in the arugula and let the salad sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.