Back to Top
- 2 flour tortillas medium/ burrito-sized
- 1/2 lb beef (ribeye or top round), thinly sliced or diced
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 6 oz mushrooms diced
- 3 slices provolone cheese (avoid aged cheese), sliced in half
- 1 Tbsp light olive oil divided
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- 2 tsp mayo optional
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp oil, once hot add the chopped meat. Season with salt and pepper and cook until meat is fully cooked. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion, dice the mushrooms, and peppers. Sautee vegetables in the same skillet until tender, adding another teaspoon of oil if needed.
- Add the beef back to the skillet with minced garlic, stir and cook until meat is reheated.
- Spread mayo (if using) on the tortillas. Divide the filling between the tortillas, adding them to one side of the tortilla. Top the filling with sliced cheese and close the tortilla
- Heat a skillet over med heat. For a crisper tortilla, add a little oil to the pan. Place the tortilla in the hot pan and sautee until the cheese is melted and the outside is golden and crisp, flipping once. Slice and serve.