- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter diced
- 1 ¾ cups (350g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (118ml) nonfat milk
- ½ cup (133g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (243g) quick cooking oats
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- It’s very important that all your ingredients are measured and ready to go before you start and make sure you’ve read the directions before making these cookies. The process goes fast!
- Melt the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the sugar and milk. Whisk until smooth then bring to a boil and cook for about 1 ½ minutes, stirring occasionally. NOTE: you MUST boil them long enough or they will not set. To be sure of this, boil the mixture until it reaches 230°F on a candy or instant read thermometer. If you do not have a thermometer, this will take about 1 ½ minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, salt, vanilla, and oats.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop 2 tablespoon size balls of cookie mixture onto the prepared baking sheets. Let sit to set or chill to harden quicker.
• Be sure to use a regular peanut butter, such as Skippy or Jif (do not use a natural peanut butter that needs stirring)
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 80mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 129IU | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate