• Chicken (1500 g), cut into 8 pieces
• 2 cups (400 g) soaked basmati rice
• 4 cups (1000 ml) of water
• ¼ cup (60 g) raisins
• ¼ cup (60 g) toasted almonds, halved
• 1 tablespoon (15 g) of butter
• 1 teaspoon (5 g) of turmeric
• ½ 1 teaspoon (5 g) of saffron
• ½ teaspoon of turmeric
• Salt and black pepper
How to prepare yellow rice with chicken in the oven:
Preheat the oven to 220 ° C. Wash the chicken well on all sides.
Make a few holes in the chicken, then season with salt, black pepper and a teaspoon of saffron on all sides and leave it aside for 30 minutes. On medium heat, put the water, butter, salt, black pepper, turmeric, the rest of saffron, laura leaves and cardamom and let it boil.
In a pyrex dish or a clay casserole dish, put the rice, raisins and almonds and stir well, then pour the water over and stir. Arrange the chicken over the rice, then place the baking sheet in the oven for 60 to 75 minutes, until the rice is cooked. ENJOY !No tags for this post.