No Bake Pineapple Dream Dessert topped with coconut is cool, creamy and perfect for summer. You’ll want to make this easy vintage dessert again and again!
I found this little gem of a dessert when I was going through my grandma’s collection vintage recipes. You’ve probably noticed that I’ve been sharing a lot of old retro recipes lately, but I just love them. In fact, I’m having a blast with this little project of mine, and I guess if you’re going to start a hobby, it might as well be something you like to do, right?
And, as far as hobbies go, this one is pretty darn delicious –My family can vouch for that!
Anyway, let’s get back to how delicious this dessert just happens to be, because it really is very good and very easy to make. Plus, it’s a no-bake dessert, which is exactly what you want in the summer.
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 8-oz tub whipped topping, like Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 20 graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple (drained)
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese with an electric mixer until slightly fluffy
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, and mix until well combined
- Mix in the whipped topping, and beat until fluffy
- With a spatula, fold in the crushed pineapple, then set aside
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the crushed graham crackers, granulated sugar and melted butter until well combined, then, pat mixture into a 9 X 9 baking dish
- Spoon the filling over the crust, and smooth with spatula until even
- Top with shredded coconut and diced pineapple, and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm