Back to Top
- For the lemon curd:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 14.1 package refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine sugar and eggs. Whisk in lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir in melted butter. Microwave lemon mixture for 1-minute stir. Continue to heat lemon mixture in 1-minute intervals until mixture begins to thicken and easily coats the back of a spoon. Refrigerate to set.
- Meanwhile, bring piecrust to room temperature. Unroll one piecrust on a floured surface. Using a 3â?? biscuit cutter cut crust into circles and place dough on a cookie tray. You should get about 10-12 circles. Repeat with remaining piecrust. Place trays of dough in the refrigerator to chill about for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425. Prepare egg wash by lightly beating together the egg and the water. Remove dough from refrigerator and place a spoonful of lemon curd onto the center of one tray of dough. Brush edges with egg wash and place circles from second tray over each lemon topped pie. Using a fork, crimp the edges to seal the pies. Generously brush the tops of each pie with remaining egg wash. Using a pairing knife, carefully cute 3 slits onto the tops of each pie. Bake pies for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate and vegetable oil together. Drizzle white chocolate over pies. Let set completely before storing.