Back to Top
- 1 lb. 85/15 ground beef
- 1 onion, diced ( about ¼ cup)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix (1 oz.)
- 1 can green chiles (4 oz.)
- 1 can black beans ( 15.5 oz.) rinsed and drained
- 1 bag frozen corn (14.4 oz.)
- 1 can red enchilada sauce (10 oz.)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar & monterey jack cheese (off the block), divided
- 4 cups frozen tater tots
- Cilantro, optional garnish
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish (I used this one) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the ground beef and the onion to a 12-inch skillet, brown meat until thoroughly cooked. Drain off excess fat and return to skillet. Add the season packet, green chiles, black beans, frozen corn and the enchilada sauce to the meat and onion, stir until combined. Over medium heat cook another 8 to 10 minutes. Add 2 cups of shredded cheese to the meat mixture and stir until blended. Pour into the baking dish and spread evenly. Place the tater tots evenly over top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add the remaining cup of cheese over the top. Bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro and top with sour cream!