Back to Top
- 4 pork chops I recommend bone-in, 5-8 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup onion diced
- 12 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 teaspons garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth divided use
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Heat the Instant Pot on saute mode. Add the oil to the pot. Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork chops in a single layer in the pot; you may need to work in batches.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until browned. Remove the chops from the pot.
- Melt the butter in the pot. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the thyme leaves and cook for 30 seconds. Pour 1 cup of the broth into the pot and add the pork chops back into the pot.
- Close the lid of the pot and turn the vent to the sealing position. Turn the pot to manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- After the cooking time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then carefully turn the knob to manually release the pressure.
- Uncover the pot and place the pork chops on a plate. Turn the pot back to saute mode. Mix the corn starch with the remaining 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Pour the corn starch mixture into the pot and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until gravy has thickened.
- Spoon the gravy over the pork chops. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.