Taco-stuffed tomatoes are easy to whip and are so delicious you’ll forget they’re super healthy and filled with vegetables. This recipe is perfect for a busy weekday dinner.
4-6 large tomatoes
1 pound of ground beef
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
4 cups spinach, chopped
1/2 cup corn *fresh or frozen
1/4 cup strong cheddar cheese *optional
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Cut off the tops of the tomatoes and remove all the pulp. Place them in a baking dish.
3. Brown the ground beef in a large frying pan. When cooked through, add taco seasoning.
4. Add the spinach and corn. Cook until the spinach is wilted and everything is well blended.
5. Stuff the tomatoes with the beef mixture. Use leftover beef in the bottom of the baking dish.
6. Sprinkle with cheese.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro and serve.