Looking for healthy breakfast ideas? These 3 ingredient pancakes are made with just a few ingredients including bananas, oats and eggs. They are packed full of protein, potassium and fiber! So simple, yet even your picky kids will love this clean eating breakfast recipe
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oats
- Mix-ins and toppings of your choice (vanilla, cinnamon, berries, nuts, etc.)
- Preheat a skillet on low heat.
- Mix the bananas, eggs and oats together in a blender on low speed.
- Grease your sillet with cooking spray, oil or butter and pour the batter onto your prepared skillet (about 1/6 of the batter for each pancake). The smaller the better, as these pancakes don’t hold together quite as well as regular pancakes.
- Allow the pancakes to cook through on one side before flipping. If you are using any mix-ins like walnuts or blueberries, you can kind of push them into the uncooked side of the pancakes before fipping. I don’t reccomend mixing them with the batter because they are more likely to fall apart.
- Flip and cook the other side until done; repeat for the rest of the batter.
- Serve with syrup, butter, peanut butter or your favorite pancake toppings.
- You don’t have to use a blender to mix everything together, but I find that it yields better results because it makes the pancakes fluffier when the eggs and bananas are whipped really well.
- Try flavoring your pancakes to taste with a pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, or 1/2 tsp cinnamon. You could also try a fun extract flavor like strawberry or cake batter.
- Sprinkle a few mix-ins into the uncooked side of each pancake such as blueberries, walnuts, pecans, raisins, shredded coconut or chocolate chips.
- Want to freeze them for later? No problem. Make sure the pancakes are completely cool, and then store them in an airtight container or freezer bag with a piece of wax or parchment paper in between each pancake. They should keep well for a few months.