Perfectly grilled chicken, with fresh vegetables. Grilled chicken salad is perfect for lunch or a quick snack.
I really enjoy salads. I usually add a ton of toppings on my salad but I was trying to keep it cute for this picture. Feel free to add your own toppings, whether it be corn, shredded cheese, avocado, etc. Before I transitioned to this healthier lifestyle I would drench my salad in ranch dressing. I was upset that I had to give up my ranch dressing until I found a healthier dressing in Walmart. Its yogurt dressing by Bolthouse Farms.
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (cleaned and trimmed)
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp slap ya mama cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1 plum tomato (thinly sliced or diced)
- 1 cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- spring mix salad
- Pour honey and avocado oil on chicken and season with coconut aminos, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, slap ya mama cajun seasoning and honey. Place in a ziploc bag or container and let marinate overnight.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add chicken when the skillet is hot.
- Cook chicken for 8 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and cover with a lid.
- When chicken has cooled down, cut into cubes.
- Add water to a small pot and place over medium heat.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the eggs and boil for 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and drain the water from the pot. Add cold water to the pot.
- After 10 minutes or when the eggs have cooled down, peel the outer shell and slice in half.
- Combine spring mix salad, chicken, eggs, red onion, carrot, cucumber, and tomato in a bowl.