For the salad
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups romaine lettuce coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup corn kernels fresh, thawed from frozen or canned
- 3/4 cup cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2/3 cup olive oil salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour half the dressing into a container and save for later use. Add the chicken breasts to the bowl with the remaining dressing. Marinate for at least one hour or up to 8 hours.
For the salad
Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill to medium high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until chicken is browned and cook through. Let the chicken cool for 5 minutes, then slice. Place the lettuce in a large bowl.
Drizzle half of the reserved dressing over the lettuce. Arrange the chicken, tomatoes, corn, cucumber, red onion, bacon, blue cheese and avocado on top of the lettuce. Drizzle the rest of the dressing over the top, then serve immediately.