Back to Top
- 2 3-ounce packages lemon flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 9-ounce cans crushed pineapple with juice (cannot use fresh pineapple)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or white vinegar
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Empty gelatin into a small mixing bowl. Stir in 2 cup of boiling water. Stir thoroughly until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Stir in 1 cup ice water, one can of crushed pineapple with its juice, lemon juice (or vinegar), and a pinch of salt. (Make sure you use canned pineapple. Fresh pineapple has an enzyme that will prevent the gelatin from jelling.)
- Chill in refrigerator until the gelatin starts to thicken. Then gently fold in the grated carrots until well mixed.
- Add mixture to a jello mold. Set in the refrigerator until firm, several hours. To unmold, dip the bottom of the pan in hot water for about 5 seconds. Invert onto a serving platter, and shake firmly to release. Slice to serve.