- 3-4 lb beef brisket
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Place the brisket in a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients and pour over the brisket.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low for 9 hours or high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the brisket from juices and slice or shred meat going across the grain.
- Strain the juices and add 2 Tbsp cornstarch into ½ cup of juices. Add the cornstarch mixture and remaining juices into a sauce pan and stir over medium heat until the sauce begins to boil and thicken.
- Serve the thickened sauce over sliced meat.
- For even more flavor, place sliced meat into a baking pan and pour some of the sauce over the top, making sure to get the sauce down in between the slices. Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20-30 minutes to allow sauce to set up. Serve remaining sauce on the side.Source : allrecipes.com