This homemade pecan pie is a classic old-fashioned dessert that’s perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It has the best combination of sweet and salty! Plus, it’s so easy to make that the kids can help with every step of this recipe. Give it a try and you’ll see why it’s our family’s favorite pecan pie recipe!
- 1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1–1/2 cups (6 ounces) coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked OR frozen deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix Karo® Light Corn Syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon or a rubber spatula.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour the mixture into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool for at least 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
If you are using a prepared frozen pie crust, place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie sheet.
The pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly – it should spring back when done. If pie crust is over-browning, cover edges with foil.
Serving Size: 1 sliceCalories: 304Sugar: 46.7 gSodium: 54.6 mgFat: 12.4 gCarbohydrates: 48.9 gProtein: 3 gCholesterol: 61.9 mg