- 2 sticks butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the flour and salt and mix.
- Press into a greased 13″ x 9″ casserole dish.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden brown.
- Add six eggs to a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and mix together.
- Add the flour a little bit at a time and mix.
- Pour over shortbread crust and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until lemon filling it set.
- Cool for at least 30-45 minutes.
- Cut and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Using tinfoil (greased) inside of the casserole dish makes it easier to take the lemon bars out and cut them after they cool.