- 1 can (15 ounce) diced tomatoes, very well-drained (see notes)
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced (about 3/4 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime (about 1-1/2 tablespoons)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco or other hot sauce
- Place all the ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor or chopper and pulse until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning and hot sauce as needed.
- Salsa can be stored in a tightly covered container for up to 3 days.
- For best flavor, remove from the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
For best results, place the canned tomatoes in a strainer and press the liquid out with the back of a spatula or large spoon.