- 4 egg whites room temperature**
- 3 cups sweetened coconut shredded
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks, gradually add the sugar and mix until stiff peaks, about 2-3 minutes. Gently fold the coconut and mix with a spoon.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, (or two spoons), scoop the macaroons into 1″ balls. Place on the baking sheet, about 1-2″ apart. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the macaroons are golden brown.
- Let them cool before eating or dipping in chocolate (if desired). Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
*- Make sure that the bowl you will be using to beat your egg whites is completely clean, dry, and grease free, otherwise your eggs may fail to reach stiff peaks.