Easy Broccoli Leek Soup. Broccoli Leek Soup is an easy soup blended with these simple ingredients: fresh leeks, fresh broccoli, vegetable broth, olive oil, water, and garlic. If you’re looking for a bowl of health, this one is for you! Loaded with flavor, this delicious soup may seem very plain, but it’s surprisingly very flavorful and filling. Dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan.
No need to use any fancy equipment for this soup. Just a simple simmer with all of the ingredients for about 20 minutes. Give it a quick puree and dish it up!
You may say this Easy Broccoli Leek Soup is no-carb, gluten-free, vegan, whole 30, dairy-free, and everything in between. 🙂
- 1+ 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 large leek, rinsed and chopped (use white part only and discard the green part)
- 1 whole head of fresh broccoli, cleaned, trimmed, florets and stalks cut into large chunks
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water, and extra
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped parsley ( I throw in a good handful)
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- optional: grated Parmesan cheese, at the table
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-low heat and add the garlic cloves and chopped leeks. Saute for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped broccoli, vegetable broth, water, fresh parsley, and cayenne pepper. Make sure the liquid is leveled or even slightly above the ingredients. Here is where you can add more water or broth to be leveled if needed.
- Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat to the lowest setting, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and season the broth with salt to taste. Optional: you can season with black pepper to your preference, but not required.
- Turn off heat and puree in a few batches in your blender or use a handheld immersion to blend and puree the soup.
- Ladle soup into soup bowls and serve. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Yields: 6 to 8 servings