Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers are a great alternative to their bread-y, traditional counterpart. Whip up a batch when the craving hits and you need to watch your carbs!
- 3 green bell peppers
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 lb beef sliced into thin strips
- 12 slices Provolone cheese
- oil for cooking
- salt & perpper to taste
- Prepare your ingredients.
- Preheat a deep skillet with oil. Add mushrooms and cook until they’re slightly browned. Add diced onions and cook until golden brown. Remove the veggies from the skillet and set aside.
- In a same skillet, brown the sliced beef. Add the veggie mixture back into the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice bell peppers near the top and clean out the inside. Line one slice of cheese on the inside of each pepper, top them off with the beef mixture, and cover with another slice of cheese.
- Bake stuffed peppers at 400℉ for 25 minutes.