- 1 c. black beans, rinsed
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 to 4 Romaine lettuce hearts, rinsed, then chopped
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped OR sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ c. nacho cheese Doritos, broke into bite-size pieces
- 1 packet (1 oz) taco seasoning
- fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 c. Catalina dressing OR use your favorite salad dressing (we like to eat this with ranch dressing too)
Step 1: In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks, until browned. Drain the excess grease when done.
Step 2: To the ground beef, add the taco seasoning and pour in the water (as instructed on the packet). Stir well until the mixture comes to a boil. Once boiling, adjust the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. Take off the heat when done and allow the meat to cool for a little bit.
Step 3: Place the chopped lettuce, black beans, tomato, and cheese in a large salad bowl. Add the slightly cooled ground beef and carefully toss until mixed.
Step 4: Serve the Doritos Taco Salad right away or chill in the fridge until ready to serve. If not serving yet, skip adding the chips.
Step 5: Before serving, add the Doritos chips and dressing. Toss well to coat and serve. Enjoy!