Back to Top
- 1 8-ounces block of cream cheese
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. kielbasa – sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 c chicken broth
- 3 boxes of Cheddar Pierogi (16 ounces each) – Regular size is preferable
- In a crockpot, add everything from the cream cheese to the Cheddar Pierogi.
- Cover the crockpot and cook everything for about 3 hours on a high setting or 6 hours on a low setting.
- Prepare the oven and preheat to about 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Apply cooking spray to a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Place a saucepan pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- Add the cream cheese and chicken broth, then stir until well blended. Simmer for a few minutes until the cream cheese has melted.
- Place a layer of the frozen pierogis on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Top the pierogis with one layer of the kielbasa followed by cream sauce, and shredded cheese. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients until everything is arranged in layers.
- Place it in the preheated oven and bake for about 30 to 45 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely and turned golden brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them in the fridge. They can last up to 4 days.
- I always serve this Crockpot Pierogi Casserole with Kielbasa with crusty bread or fresh green salad.
- Feel free to use any flavor of pierogi in this recipe.
- You cook this in the oven or the crockpot.