“My dear friend Tricia gave me this recipe 25 years ago when we were working as secretaries for a small company, and I’ve been making it ever since. You can use any cut of chicken, but I always use thighs because my husband doesn’t care for white meat. You can also add any other type of vegetables you like. “
- 3-4 white rose potatoes, cut into chunks
- 12-15 baby carrots
- 3-4 stalks celery, cut into 3″ pieces
- Grill seasoning to taste
- Salt to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can Healthy Request cream of celery soup
- 1 can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
Spray crock with cooking spray (makes clean up easier), and spread potatoes in the bottom of the crock.
Place the rest of the vegetables on top of the potatoes, and sprinkle lightly with seasonings.
Season chicken and lay on top of vegetables.
Spoon undiluted soups on top of chicken (no need to mix), and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Serving Size: 1 (738.4 g)
- Calories 376.2
- Total Fat – 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat – 5.2 g
- Cholesterol – 31.8 mg
- Sodium – 1042.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate – 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber – 11.6 g
- Sugars – 12 g
- Protein – 19 g
- Calcium – 348.7 mg
- Iron – 3.9 mg
- Vitamin C – 62.2 mg
- Thiamin – 0.3 mg