- 4 slices bacon
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- water to cover
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- In a large saucepan cook bacon until crisp. Set bacon aside, along with 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- Add potatoes, onion, carrot and celery to drippings. Add enough water to cover vegetables and cook over low heat until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- In separate bowl, stir together sour cream, flour and paprika. Gradually stir 1 cup of hot soup mixture into sour cream mixture.
- Pour sour cream mixture into soup mixture. Cook until small bubbles break soups service. Top with chopped bacon pieces.
recipes adapted from: allrecipes