Back to Top
- 1 1/2 quarts oil
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 4 ounces chopped corned beef
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced cooked potatoes
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 8 (7 inch square) egg roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute coleslaw, water and onions until tender. Add the chopped corned beef, pepper, and salt and saute 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and mix in cooked potatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and 2 tablespoons water in a bowl until it forms a paste.
- To assemble egg rolls, lay one egg roll wrapper with the corner pointed toward you. Place 1/3 cup of the cabbage mixture on egg roll wrapper and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold corner up over the mixture. Fold left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll. Brush a bit of the flour paste on the final corner to help seal the egg roll.
- Place egg rolls into heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or rack. Serve with thousand Island dressing.