Summer salads help to keep us (and our kitchens!) cool when the weather months really start to heat up. But even in the throes of winter, we think a salad like this is just as enjoyable and refreshing. Our cauliflower and cucumber salad, speckled with bright kernels of corn, and topped with a cool, creamy dressing is a great way to serve up each of these veggies. It’s a great alternative to a potato salad and is packed with tons of crunch power! It’s super easy to make, with minimal chopping required. The dressing is simple too, and customizable to suit your individual tastes. Here’s how we do it.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cleaned and cut into florets
- 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 large (or 2 small) cucumbers, sliced and halved or quartered
- ½ bell pepper (any color), diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- ½ cup mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a bowl, whisk mayonnaise (or yogurt) with dill, salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss cauliflower, sweet corn, and bell pepper. Pour dressing over top and toss until all ingredients are well blended. Top (and toss again, if desired) with green onion.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.