Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup is an even better replica of the restaurant version with a rich, creamy base and soft pillowy gnocchi potato dumplings.
- ▢4 tablespoons butter
- ▢1 cup celery
- ▢1 cup carrots shredded or chopped
- ▢1 medium sweet onion finely chopped
- ▢4 garlic cloves minced
- ▢¼ cup flour
- ▢4 cups chicken broth
- ▢1 pound chicken breast cooked and chopped
- ▢1 package potato gnocchi (16 ounces)
- ▢2 cups heavy cream
- ▢3 cups spinach
- ▢1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ▢Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add celery, carrots, onion, and garlic, and saute until tender, about 8 minutes.
- When vegetables are tender, stir in flour. Allow flour to heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the chicken broth while stirring to prevent lumps.
- Add chicken and bring mixture to a boil.
- Add gnocchi, and cook until done, about 5 minutes (check package instructions for precise time).
- Lower heat to medium-low. Add cream, and stir to combine. Heat to steaming, but not boiling.
- Stir in spinach, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Allow spinach to wilt and soup to totally cook through.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 480mg | Potassium: 421mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3914IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg